Sunday, February 19, 2017

Prologue and Initial Class Post

      I was raised in the Coosa Valley area of north east Alabama, nuzzled snuggly in-between the foot hills of the Appalachian Mountains. Living in two separate places as a child, my parents are divorced, with my dad living in deep country on a farm and my mom living in a small town called Attalla that consisted of maybe 3 stop lights.
I didn't have many friends as a child mostly because I preferred the company of the animals my dad kept. Growing up I was more interested in playing outside in the woods and I didn't care much about dolls and how I dressed.
Going into middle school is when things began to change. I was teased for the way I dressed and figured out fairly quickly that appearance is something that everyone wants to uphold. I hated it. It made me realize my flaws, which I'm sure everyone struggles with.
I've always loved art and how emotionally art can have an impact on you. I didn't realize that art was my passion until my junior year in high school when I met my art teacher. He taught me the basics and made me fall in love with the many different forms of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment